Sustainable Melbourne Fund was established by Melbourne City Council in 2002 to support Council’s environmental objectives through strategic investment in external entities. Control of the trust is vested in the trustees acting together as a board of trustees in accordance with the Trust Deed.
- Sustainable Melbourne Fund’s role is to progress the strategic vision of Melbourne City Council to become a carbon neutral city and create a bold and sustainable future for the municipality of Melbourne.
- Sustainable Melbourne Fund will apply a sound commercial framework to complement City of Melbourne’s work to become one of the world’s most sustainable cities and provide leadership for cities across the globe.
- Sustainable Melbourne Fund will act as an investor, facilitator and enabler and into projects which deliver improved commercial and environmental outcomes in the built environment.
- Sustainable Melbourne Fund makes commercial decisions in achieving our vision and executes its activities in such a manner as to achieve its corporate objectives in tangible and measurable ways.
- Owned by local government, Sustainable Melbourne Fund has unique insight into the challenges municipalities face in achieving the combined objectives of economic growth, local investment and positive environmental outcomes.
Agency: WiTH Collective